Sunday, August 12, 2018
Visit the Facebook Event Page for updates about the BNS provincial championship time trial.
Shubenacadie United Church
2869 Highway 2, Shubenacadie, NS
- Take Exit 10 (Shubenacadie) on Highway 102 and turn right.
- Follow MacDonald Road for 300 metres and turn right again.
- Follow Highway 215 for 2.7 km to Highway 2.
- Turn left at the second stop sign.
- Follow Highway 2 for 600 metres to Shubenacadie United Church (on right by second bridge).
- Take Exit 9 (Shubenacadie) on Highway 102.
- Enter the roundabout and take the second exit.
- Follow Highway 224 for 5.5 km to Highway 2 and take the exit.
- Follow the ramp down under the bridge to Shubenacadie United Church (on left).
Park in front of the church or in the larger lot behind the building. Since the church will remain open throughout the event, you will have access to bathrooms or a cool spot on a hot summer afternoon.
Online registration only! There will be no registration on site. A valid BNS/UCI race license must be shown at sign-in.
|Youth (18 and younger)||$15|
|Adult (19 and older)||$35|
One Event Membership (for non-licensed racers): $25
One jersey number is required and it will be placed on the back, low and centre. Numbers can be picked up on race day if you haven't raced this year. Save them for the road race at Cape Sable Island the following week.
|12:30||Sign in, check individual start times|
|14:00||Riders depart at regular intervals|
|16:00||(approx) Podium presentation|
Just as at other races this year, there will not be any prizes given during the podium presentation. However, the top 3 residents of Nova Scotia for each category will be awarded a provincial championship medal. Full BNS points will be earned for all participants who complete the TT.
The figure-8 loop measures 11.3 km. Start and finish will be located in front of the church. The same ramp from the Tour de Keji will be used for those wanting a quick start. There is a yield sign at the roundabout by Highway 102, so watch for traffic in the circle before you make the quick right-hand turn. Signs will be placed along the course at corners and at regular distances from the finish.
More details on categories are found at the BNS websiteRegister Here